Pilot Project Grant
Complete the Pilot Program Grant eSign Form and attach the single pdf file containing maximum two-page project narrative and budget. Submit to your Department Chair. Please give yourself, your faculty advisor, your department chair, and your college dean plenty of time for this process.
The proposal consists of a maximum two-page narrative providing a description of the project, its significance, the expected results or outcomes, and a budget describing how funds will be used.
Department Chairs will review the application, complete the comment section, and if approved, forward the application onto their Dean.
If the chair is the applicant, their Dean will review the application and complete the comments section.
DEANS (SUBMISSION DEADLINE)
Deans will review the application and if approved, forward on to RSP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2022: November 2
Winter 2023: February 15
Spring 2023: May 10
IMPORTANT NOTE: Applications without approval from a Department Chair and College Dean or materials received after the deadline for submission to RSP will not be considered for funding.
Faculty will be notified via email of the award decisions on or before the following dates. Funds become available shortly afterwards.
Fall 2022: December 7
Winter 2023: March 15
Spring 2023: June 7
We suggest that application materials are sent to.... *
- Department Chairs: 2 weeks before RSP deadline
- College Deans: 1 week before RSP Deadline
*Be sure to check if your department/college has set specific internal deadlines!
EVALUATION OF PROPOSALS
Proposals will be reviewed by a faculty panel whose recommendations are provided to the Vice Provost for Research. The selection process is expected to be competitive. Proposals are evaluated based on:
- Opportunity for opening a significant new direction for research, creative expression or scholarship at WWU
- Likelihood that the new direction will be sustainable after the PPG support has concluded
- Impact on the discipline/University/community
- Completeness, and strength of statement of need/problem/creative activity and expected impacts
- Suitability/feasibility of methods, resources, staffing and timeline
- Qualifications and previous track record of the PI/team members
- Clarity and feasibility of endpoints