Manuscript Preparation Grants Program
Complete the Manuscript Preparation Grant eSign Form and attach the single pdf file containing the one-page narrative. Submit the eSign Form to your Department Chair.
Department Chairs should review the application, complete the comment section, and approve the application onto RSP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the chair is the applicant, they should send their eSign form to their College Dean, who will review the application and complete the comments section.
EVALUATION OF PROPOSALS
Proposals will be reviewed by a subcommittee of the Research and Creative Activities Council who submit their recommendations to the Vice Provost for Research for approval.
Proposals are evaluated based on:
- Demonstrated likelihood of publication
- For journal articles: the publisher employs a robust peer-review selection process.**
- For books: the publisher is a recognized academic or commercial imprint. Costs associated with “selfpublished” books are not normally supported by this program unless the author can provide a strong academic or professional rationale.
- Likely impact on discipline/students/community
- Opportunity for advancing the professional scholarship of the applicant
*Proposals to this program are evaluated using both committee and desk review processes.
**A journal is considered to be peer-reviewed if it is designated as such in the Ulrichsweb database (accessible online through Western Libraries) or is otherwise considered to meet professional editorial standards for the field.